Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extra pages printing out on a HP LJ400N...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcruz2012

MIS
Feb 19, 2003
US
Hello all,
Ok, here is the scoop, I have a HP LJ400N which two laptops are connected to it via a network. When either laptop tries to print to the printer it always prints the job, however, at the end of the job it prints 1 or even 2 blank pages and on the top right it prints out "ED" or "IRED." This is the first time I've seen this. I've checked the Printing menu on the printer, and made sure that copies was set at 1 and Form = 60. Please help, thanks!

Dan.

I just realized that I am asking for help on the wrong thing. I meant to say the printer is HP LJ 4000N; not 400N, I forgot a zero. Thanks!

What application and under what OS are you printing the jobs ? Also make sure the setting Print PS Errors= is set to off.

hpwizzard, thanks for replying...

We are running it from a Netware 3.12. I checked that as well and it was = to off. Could it be that the printer is configuration is wacked?

My best guess is that a firmware update is needed on the internal JetDirect card. After downloading a new firmware for the JD card, upload it to printer via a Telnet or FTP session. WebJetAdmin can also be used and has several advantages as it will check if the rest of your printers with HP JD cards needs an update too.
The WebJetAdmin 7.2 software can be found directly here (without registering !) :
Win 2000 ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software2/COL3193/ja-10724-1/wja72-2305-2k-en.exe
Win XP
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software2/COL3194/ja-10750-1/wja72-2305-xp-en.exe
Win NT 4.0
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software2/COL3192/ja-10703-1/wja72-2305-nt-en.exe

hpwizzard,
Thank you very much, I appreciate it and I'll try that. Take care - have a good weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back