Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extra Page Printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonymccl

Technical User
Jul 26, 2012
GB
Hi,

I found the following thread in a google search (thread913-1164729):

"I am working on a project plan. In the page setup I select "Fit to: 1 page wide by 2 page tall". This has been working fine -- the plan prints 1 page wide by 2 pages tall. All of a sudden, it is printing 3 pages, with the last task on the 3rd page. In Page setup when I change the "Fit to: 1 page wide by 1 page tall" it prints 2 pages witht the last task on the 2nd page. In other words, no matter how many pages tall, it always prints an extra page. I deleted the bottom 3 tasks, and the last task still prints on an extra page. I thought I accidently put in a page break so I highlighted the whole plan and clicked Insert / Remove all page breaks, but that didn't help. Any suggestions?"

I am having exactly the same problem using MSP2007. I have checked the responses to the above thread and have tried all of the suggestions without any success. Have also tried searching for any later posts on the same subject but with no success.

Has anyone suvvessfully overcome this problem at all?

Many thanks.

Since I posted yesterday, quite bizzarely I have discovered that the problem may be caused by not having the ID field as the first column in the table.

I tried copying the task data to a new file, and kept saving after each change I made. It was only when I amended the table to take out the ID column that the printed output put the final task on a new page. When I went back into the table, added the ID column back in and set the width to zero, it went back to one page!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back