Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extra numbers added to the called DN on Tie trunks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfordap

Programmer
Oct 22, 2019
US
I have a tie trunk between a CS1000 and CS1000E. The CS1000E then has SIP trunks to another system. When I try to complete a call from the CS1000 that routes through the CS1000E the 3rd system is rejecting the call due the dialed DN being unknown. It looks like there is a "104" being added to the extension that I am calling. I am calling extension 68522 from 67720. Any ideas on where this 104 is coming from?

---DCH Msg on the CS1000E
DCH 102 IMSG SETUP REF 0000803E CH 103 14 TOD 16:03:44
FEAT :NCID
PROGRESS: ORIG ADDR IS NOT ISDN
CALLING #:67720 NUM PLAN: PRIVATE/ABBREVIATED (CDP)
CALLED #:[highlight #FCE94F]104[/highlight]68522 NUM PLAN: PRIVATE/ABBREVIATED (CDP)

104 is just to do with the call type and NCOS 4 it is not part of the digits that are looked at for routing only the 68522 is relevant

Here are DCH messages on my CS1000E sip trunks.
When I route the call through a different CS1000 to get to my CS1000E I do not get the 104 at the front of the called DN. Where do I have that taken out. The System that my 1000E hands off these calls to does not like that 104. Also We are decommissioning the CS1000 that is not including the 104 for I cant use it for the call routing.

PROGRESS: ORIG ADDR IS NOT ISDN <-----Call completes routing from 1000E to the outside system
CALLED #:[highlight #FCE94F]68522[/highlight] NUM PLAN: PRIVATE/ABBREVIATED (CDP)

PROGRESS: ORIG ADDR IS NOT ISDN <-------Call does not complete from 1000E to outside system
CALLED #:10468522 NUM PLAN: PRIVATE/ABBREVIATED (CDP)

like I say its not in the call routing, it is if the RDB has SIGO ESN5 from what I remember, like I say it is not included in the routing and is just used for passing the NCOS

for example Switch A B & C all make there PSTN connections through Switch D, you can set the NCOS 4 on the Phone on switch A,B, or C for example, all RDB FRL set with no FCR barring FRL 0-0,1-0,2-0, to 7-0. Calls are allowed to freely pass over to Switch D, then on the PSTN Trunk RDB on switch D the FRL 4-4 is set and the FCR 4 table is used to allow/bar the call. This can only be achieved if the NCOS is passed between the switches (104 on the front of the called number)

bignose21 - It was the SIGO! Thanks a ton! Gold Star awarded.

No worries like I say it is not part of the routing but it needs to be the same both ends so the feature is understood, and a good feature if you only want to control your barring at the edge of your Voice network all switches in the network do not require the barring to be setup, its controlled only on the PABX(s) with PSTN Links. Like I mentioned before a switch A,B, or C user with NCOS 4 would be treated the same as the Barring is controlled by the FCR in switch D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back