Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extra Livelink Window opening up from a hyperlink

Status
Not open for further replies.

dltsyd98

Technical User
Aug 12, 2010
US
I am creating a hyperlink on a web page to a document in LL 9.7 using the copy shortcut. I am on a Vista machine. Everytime I click the link the actual document (i.e. word file)opens up in it's native application but then I get another window that has opened either to the enterprise level or to the folder where the document is. What causes this?

What is a wrapper window, is this something to do with Livelink or a browser window setting?

I am going straight from the "email "shortcut" and pasting it as my hyperlink. Saving it up to our intranet server
/livelink/livelink.exe/open/3807951

if I use this, it does not happen
/livelink/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=3807951&objAction=download

Actually the download opens a blank ie window. We are trying to get it to just "open" the document and not have the Livelink location where the document is stored to open in another window along with it. The download just causes one more click to open or save. I figured if we can get the "open" to do what it is intended to do without opening extra windows that would be GREAT! We really need help on this one, THANKS

We had the same problem when using the syntax - livelink/livelink.exe/open/3807951 and an extra window opening. Not quite under the same circumstances as your's, but similar.

I have done some lengthy development with hyperlinks in our Livelink system and found using the syntax, for example, livelink/livelink.exe/open/3807951 is not a correct method for 'true' hyperlinking. You are venturing down a more correct path by using the syntax - livelink/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=3807951&objAction=download.

What I use to open a document - livelink/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=612147&objAction=Open

Thanks for the suggestion but when I replace download with the Action "Open"
/livelink/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=3807951&objAction=Open

I get an error message:
Livelink Error: Error processing request. [Invalid action specified]

Any other suggestions?

If you are referring to type of file, it is a .ppt file.

When I hoover over the actual file name and do a copy shortcut to get the properties, it says:

DOWNLOAD:-when using this hyperlink
/livelink/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=3807951&objAction=download

The blank window has this in the address bar:
/livelink/livelink.exe?func=LL.Login&NextURL=%2Flivelink%2Flivelink%2Eexe%3Ffunc%3Dll%26objId%3D3807951%26objAction%3Ddownload

OPEN:-when using this hyperlink
/livelink/livelink.exe/open/3807951
A window opens up to the enterprise level and has this in the address bar:
/livelink/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/customview.html?func=llworkspace

And as mentioned before the
/livelink/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=3807951&objAction=open
gives me an error message

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back