Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extra html and head tags showing on my forms 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTekMedia

Programmer
Oct 5, 2001
US
Hello all. Please take a look at
All of a sudden the forms located in this subdirectory started displaying with the following extra tags attached:

<html>
<head>
<title>Untitled Document</title>
<meta http-equiv=&quot;Content-Type&quot; content=&quot;text/html; charset=iso-8859-1&quot;>
</head>
<body bgcolor=&quot;#FFFFFF&quot; text=&quot;#000000&quot;>
</body>
</html>

These tags are not in the original code - the above is being added when the page is served. This is causing the background to display white which is disconcerting. Has anyone run across this before? We run Win2k Server/IIS. Is this an IIS problem? Is Coldfusion doing this? It isn't a browser issue.

TIA! Peace
BT

thread232-276240

Very similar thread... maybe it will help...

Good suggestions but that doesn't seem to be the problem (tried the suggestions in that thread). My Application.cfm file is very simple:

<html>
<head>
<title>Untitled Document</title>
<meta http-equiv=&quot;Content-Type&quot; content=&quot;text/html; charset=iso-8859-1&quot;>
</head>

<body bgcolor=&quot;#FFFFFF&quot; text=&quot;#000000&quot;>
<CFAPPLICATION NAME=&quot;MyApp_Forms&quot; SESSIONMANAGEMENT=&quot;Yes&quot;>
</body>
</html>

I can't seem to find any settings in IIS or CF that apply.

?? :-( Peace
BT

Do me a favor, take:

</body>
</html>

off the end of application.cfm and execute the page... that looks like it IS the problem...

I hope it helps.

Well you definately got my head pointed in the right direction. I removed the title tag and changed the body bgcolor tag to the correct color and everything is working fine now. Thank you very much for your assistance, I could have wasted a lot of time on this one. I have got to take some time to study CF more.

Thanks again!

Peace
BT

Type application.cfm in help to find out more about it. Especially check &quot;Creating the Application.cfm File&quot; and &quot;Mapping out an application framework&quot;.

The application.cfm file is loaded at the start of every .cfm page with an implicit cfinclude. It can include:

The application name
Client state management options
Application and session variables
Default variables
Custom error pages
Data sources
Default style settings
Exclusive locks
Other application-level constants

If you declare <html> and <head> in the application.cfm, you are essentially declaring statements twice since the are probably also in each .cfm page.

Hope this helps.

DE

Most likely, the culprit is this line:

I've seen that show up if you have an <input type=&quot;file&quot; in the page. Strange bug....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back