Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

fonegal

Vendor
Jul 7, 2004
US
Cics version 7.0 cannot seem to get External voicemail to light display on m7310 . Have studder dialtone from service provider and have programmed message center number on lines and set vm center to 1 on set 221,What am I missing

You have to also have to turn it on for the phone Terminals and Set > Telco Features > VM = Y

You also only be receiving the stutter dial tone and not the lamp voltage.

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM, Samsung & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

Yea I forgot to mention that I had turned it on in terminals and sets, customer also recently switched over to fios which I believe is VOIP. Do you think that might affect that?

Absolutely,

Msg light requires a DC voltage 1 sec on 1 sec off from the CO. I'm sure what ever gateway you're using doesn't provide that signal.

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM, Samsung & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

I have a Norstar 6.1 MICS at home and have FiOS and Vontage VM and both light my message light.

It depends on the gateway being used.

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Odds are it's the Vonage box that is suppling the VML signal and not FIOS.

Its been awhile but I seem to remember I think you needed CID trunk cards in the Norstar.

Thanks everyone for the responses.....maybe be right about the caller id card , not sure but I think they have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back