Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

joehawkins

Programmer
Jul 25, 2007
GB
Hi All

I have a realitis 6.1 & a 4 port existing voicemail system (voxbox) i have got everything working apart from the message waiting light? I have tried 2 different types of analogue phones & i cant get the light to work. If i set SPWMI to 0 i get special dial tone, 1 i get tinkle ring but if i set it to 2 it wont activate the LED??

Any help gratefully appreciated to save what little hair i have got left!

Many Thanks

Joe

Hi JoeHawkins,

I've read your post and first of all I must say that there is no such System Parameter as SPWMI.

I assume that this is probably a typing error and you mean SPMWI?

SPMWI has only two allowed values, 0 and 1.
Message waiting indication given by the system. (0 = No, 1 = Yes - default).

SPMWT has three allowed values, 0,1 and 2 and is probably the one you need.
Type of message waiting indication at analogue extensions.
(0 = special dial tone, 1 = tinkle - default, 2 = LEDs) (iVM only).

However, you will notice that for 2 = LED's it says iVM only which means that it will only work with Siemens own internal card and not an external VOXBOX.

Hope this helps you?

Very best regards,

Telecoman.

However, you will notice that for 2 = LED's it says iVM only which means that it will only work with Siemens own internal card and not an external VOXBOX.

This statement is NOT Correct - iVM only infers that Lamps will not work for Hotel Message Wait. Have you checked that Message Wait is enabled on the Extension/Codec Cards. SPLED=1, SPMWT=2

Hi Telecoman yes it was a typo, DXCOMS i have checked that SPLED is 1 & SPMWT is 2 i have reversed polarity too.

Is there any extension specific settings or cos that will stop it from working? If i set SPMWT to 0 i get special dial tone no problem & also if set to 1 i get tinkle tone i just cant get those leds to light!

Thanks for your input

Joe

Does the LED light up when you reverse polarity??

Hi

No the Led only flickers as normal when ringing but will not stay lit at the moment under any circumstances. The phones are BT converse 1300 with message waiting.

Thanks

Joe

Hi Joe,

I bow to DXcomms greater experience on this as I haven't actually set this up myself.

Are your extension cards 1HAB 50060 or 1HAB 50083? These cards have a link selectable Message Waiting facility. If the extension cards are 1HAB 50010 or 1HAC 50049 then Message Waiting is not a facility on these.

If your cards are 1HAB 50083 then:-
PL7 Link pins 2 & 4: Message waiting disabled.
Link pins 4 & 6: Message waiting enabled.
Message waiting is enabled/disabled for the whole card.

If your cards are 1HAB 50060 then:-
LK10 Link pins 1 & 2: Message waiting disabled.
Link pins 2 & 3: Message waiting enabled.
This link enables or disables the Message Waiting facility. To enable/disable the facility on a per channel basis, the associated (n)LKA link per channel must be used.

If your cards are 1HAB 50060 and you wish to enable/disable Message Waiting then:-
1LKA to 16LKA Link pins 1 & 2: Message waiting enabled.
Link pins 2 & 3: Message waiting disabled.
Links 1LKA to 16LKA are associated with channels 1 to 16 respectively. The links are set on a per channel basis and are used to disable the Message Waiting facility for that channel. LK10 must be set to enable Message Waiting for the card.

Hope this helps and I wish you all the best with it.

Very best regards,

Telecoman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back