Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EXTERNAL TRANSFER WITH BUSY INDICATION?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BizFoneGuy

Technical User
Aug 14, 2005
CA
I have a customer that used to transfer his calls externally on the previous phone system using specific analog lines for each transfer to indicate a busy condition to the remote location. He is now going to be on a PRI and I have tried to set speed dial to use a specific line within the PRI and it won't accept it. That would have been ideal. Perhaps through line re-direction? Using ASM and an auxilary piece of equipment to hold up the conference? Needs a kind of opx busy indication for the far end. No fixed circuits will be deployed as of yet. Any ideas?

Why would you want to make it show busy???? What is the logic for doing this??

Acewarlock,

It's been a kind of primitive remote busy lamp field for them to let them know that they've transferred a call to that particular person and they're still on that call. They then choose another person to send the next call to. Previously with analog lines, they obviously wasted a few lines that would sit idle at times if calls weren't going out to those specific people. Now, with the efficiency of the PRI, I thought I could muster up something similar but even today, experimenting with speed dials, answer dns, dss keys,hunt groups, SWCA, I haven't found a method to accomplish the same type of thing. The office needs a visual indication that there is already a call placed externally to that office, so as to move on to the next best referal. Any creativity would be appreciated! I thought I had it with the SWCA, but it goes out once you leave the conference. It won't maintain the conference on its own.

Acewarlock,

I also tried to program lines within the PRI for an appearance figuring that I could have got the speed dials to use a specific speech path within the PRI showing status. I also tried redirect on target lines which works and goes out to a specific outside office, but again gives no visual indication. I'm thinking I may have to consider some additional equipment on ASM ports to pull this off?
Any creativity would be greatly appreciated! Thanks to all!

I know this isn't a very straight forward application, but does anyone have any creative solutions for this one? Even if it involves adding some extra equipment be it Nortel or 3rd party? I need some creativity here as I seem to have exhausted some of my ideas. THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

The only thing I could see them doing would to use the BCM Monitor program using line monitor, that way they could see if the EXT in on a call exteranlly.

Thanks Acer!

Is BCM Monitor a client download or something you use with 3rd party software? It would on screen vs on the set? Could it be used with multiple screens? So you figure it would show that a call is already in place with an extension that was call forwarded externally? I basically need a method to show an active path on a PRI to a specific number is currently in use to office staff who all answer and process calls?

It is a client download.

It would show you the Ext at the BCM if they are on a line.

It is on the PC and you can load multiple programs of it but I don't know how many the Max would be, but I have had 12 open on the same BCM at the same. Give it a try and see if it works for you.

Thanks ACER!

I checked it out this morning for a few minutes and saw what it does on analog lines. I'm curious as to whether it will show on a PRI and whether it will show a labellled speed dial destination in the dialed digis column as that is the only way I can label a specific destination in use. The only other implication is that it's not restrictable and shows all lines in use. I'm going to try it on a PRI and see what it will do with transfers to system speed dial numbers.

Acerwarlock!

I tried to use the automatic snapshot function in BCM Monitor, but I don't get any output to the file on line usuage etc? Any ideas or can you check on one of yours? I need someway to get info out that I can process or use to show line busy status? Any ideas, 3rd party apps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back