Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External Transfer To Cell Phone Headache

Status
Not open for further replies.

downunder1

Technical User
Feb 22, 2005
AU
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to transfer externally to a Cell Phone for an after hours service by setting up a CCR node ---> Path 1 ---> Outdial Method=Use Route ---> Phone number=004 (which is the route i've set up).

Incoming call answered by AA, then press node (one), 'one moment please' I can see the BCM pick up a line for approx two seconds then drops it and says "The routing information configured for this call is not valid".

Am I doing something wrong in the tree? The route has the Cell Number programmed into it as 'external number'.

I'm a bit confused as to why it is picking up a line for a while but then dropping it, I checked for Dial Tone on that line o/k.

There are 4 PSTN lines with ROA supervision on at the exchange.Confirmed twice.

Thanks Gurus.

Look at your monitor.exe and see what is actually being sent. Also, listen to the selected line with a butt set and see if you're getting rejected by the carrier.

Countrytime-

BCM Monitor shows line as 'dialing' and then back to idle.

When I connected a Butt, I hear good dial tone and then the BCM cut's in and attempts to send three DTMF tone's.
The Carrier is waiting to hear more DTMF as there is no network error message on the line, which I was listening from with the Butt Set. So it seems the BCM is making the decision not to go any further...

If you are using lines with analog dial tone I would suggest that you do a Link Transfer in the CCR & have the
local telco route the call thru their central office.
This will work far better & seeing as you only have 4 lines
it will not cause you to tie up 2 of them when you want to tranfer out. Just make sure that you can do a link tranfer with your butt set & if not have the feature added to the lines.

Dont dial out a route use the routing as if you were dialig from a phone . Example dial out route -number-9XXXXXXXXXX.
Enter this in the CCR Node.

O/K. I'll try that. Can I just confirm that you suggest this:-
004 being the route number and then 0418****** being the cell number straight after the route number?

The final entry in the 'phone number' field would look something like this 0040418******

When I've done this at my sites, I just program the Main Recpt phone with all the line's as prime to her phone and do a Call Forward 9XXXxxxxxxx and make sure line Redirection is YES

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Downunder if you look at Cook1082's example the first digit
9xxxxxxxxxx is 9 being the destination code that points to your outgoing Route. I still would suggest going with the Link transfer as your best way to do this.

Still no luck guys.

I tried both:-
1) using a route with destination code and number
2) forwarding calls from (prime) extension to cell

The weird thing is if I program say ext 103 to forward to cell phone, and then I go to another ext and ring 103 it will pick up line, ring cell phone with no probs, but If I create a Tree with node 1 to ring intercom (103) the extension will ring and not forward the call to the cell.

Wouldn't the CCR Tree mimic the intercom?

I would like to use link transfer if I can't get it, but the customer doesn't want to pay the extra $ to enable link transfer.

Has you given you the vm dn access to the line pool ?

Have you enabled outbound transfer in callpilot ?

All the trunks must be set to PRIME of the phone that will do the Call forward. I have done this on 60 BCM's in outr network.

We have 8 trunks all set to 2221 as the PRIME set.
All 8 trunks appear and ring on the PRIME set.
The PRIME set 2221 has a Call Forward Button.
The PRIME set has Call redirection Allowed.

They hit the CFW Button and dial 9NPANXXxxxx or if they don't neeed the NPA, they just dial 9NXXxxxx.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

cook has the answer, you do not enter cell # in external # in route. You need the Vmail ports to have access to pool you put line 4 in. You need to build a route with line 4 in it. You need a dest. code for route. In CCR path you enter dest. code and cell #.

Adversity is Opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back