Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External Transfer Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

booker69

Technical User
Apr 4, 2005
CA
I have a customer with a CICS e/w 4.12 SW and a Flash 2 e/w 1.9.00 SW. I tried setting up a very simple CCR tree with only the Home Menu and 1 Path. I set up Path 1 as an External Transfer and assigned the outdial route as Pool then programmed in the number it is supposed dial. Everthing works fine right up to where the system is supposed to actually make the external call then I get a recorded message that says "The line or line pool configured for this call is not valid". I made sure all 8 lines available are set to Supervised Disconnect but still no luck. Any ideas?

did you give the pool a number?
If so, What number did you use?
Do you have pools set up in the CICs?
If so, what pool

Yes, Pool 1. All lines are in Line Pool A.

I can see the system grab an outside line and try to make the second call, that is when I get the recorded error message.

The lines do not appear on a line pool button on the telephones but rather as (8) individual line buttons. I only set it to pool so the system can grab any available line to make the call rather than risk assigning a particular line and have that line unavailable in the event someone else is already using it. I did try assigning a particular line as a trial but still got the same recorded error message when the system grabbed that line to make the call.

If you setup the external transfer in the CCR to use pool 1, you don't need the access code in the dial string- you've already told it to use Pool A.

You just need to have the dialout number programmed.

NG

I have the dialout number programmed but the system will not dial it. I can see it grab an available line but after about 5 seconds I get the recorded message "The line or line pool configured for this call is not valid".

Do these lines have "link" capability?....in other words can call be linked or transferred using one line only?
This is a line function offered by your telephone company.
If so you can program external transfers from ccr a little differently.

Have you tried to reboot the voicemail as it might
require a reset.

It sounds like the digits that the voicemail is
sending to the KSU to dial out are being affected.

A reboot should fix it.

There are only 2 seasons in Canada, Golf and Snowmobile season.

Booker- I agree with the reboot recommendation. However, if you do have link transfer on your lines, that would be a better way to go. It is detailed in the manual. Basically you put a # before the number in the dial string. It will free up the line when the xfer takes place, instead of using two lines for the xfer if you use the Norstar to do it. The sound fidelity and volume will also be better since you are using CO equipment.

Thanks for all the help, I will try the reboot and if that does not work I will try setting up the link transfer.

I doubt a reboot will help and will accomplish nothing except a service interruption.
However if you really do have link lines.....when programming external number use pool a and when it prompts for a phone number , enter #542------- (the dashes represent the number in the manner usually dialed, 7 digits, or 10 digits)..
# causes system to recognize a link transfer, 4 causes it to recognize second dial tone, 2 recognize more digits.
If done correctly it will use the same line caller comes in on and will free up line after link transfer is completed.

I don’t know what your experience has been byrontel, but I have never had to put the 542 into a link xfer string. The # by-itself has been sufficient in every case. I have always understood the second dialtone feature to be for systems behind a PBX.

And I don’t see what the 5 is for in your string. You explain the 4 and 2. Is the 5 a typo?

Of course you are correct , the #542 is not always necessary and the # is usually sufficient...but in some cases and some central offices I've found that with the old Flash units it helps to add the extra digits. # causes flash to insert special characters,5 inserts the #,4...etc.etc.The second dial tone is the "link" dial tone.
I'm sure the # alone would be ok, but have used this method when having problems.I've never had to do this with a Call Pilot.

hey everybody,

After reading this i was wondering. Every now and then we foward our phones to our main call center our vendor built a route and we foward( f4 ) to the access code +the number. This ties up two line. We do have a centrex and we when transfering it dose free up line ( LINK F71 )is there a way to insert the #543 in front of number in a call fwd.

you should be able to call forward a centrex line directly to another number independant of the Norstar. This is a line function of centrex(usually by pressing *70...3 beeps when accessing the line) then the number to forward to. You may want to verify correct codes with your Telco.
Basically if this centrex line was terminated on a single line analog phone you could still call forward it, so you should be able to forward with a trunk on Norstar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back