Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External transfer from Flash 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

arthursim

IS-IT--Management
Nov 19, 2000
CA
My situation: MICS ver 4.0, Flash 4-port ver 1.9

I'd like to allow callers into my VM to be transfered to my cell phone by pressing a button. I don't have that capability with Flash from what I've learned here. Outbound transfer by pressing 7 is not an option.

My idea: I have a route set up and a destination that works from an intercom...i.e. Dialling 51 from an intercom button selects a free line from the pool and correctly dials my cell phone.

I thought I would call forward an extension and just have the caller dial *240 to get transferred to my cell phone. Without an extension (i.e. a physical phone), I don't think I can use this setup.

My question is this: Can I setup a virtual extension that doesn't actually do anything but forward to the 51 destination?

Thanks in advance.

Long story short: no. But, one other thing to keep in mind. If you use an actual extension to transfer calls out to a cell phone, make sure that extension can redirect calls. Go under Capabilities on that DN, and change allow redirect to Y.

First of all in your MICS 4.0 you don't have external call forward,Min.rev. is 4.1 .You can use the VM by using a CCR tree and one of the options (path) you can choose external transfer to a phone number(cell phone).By doing so it will use two lines for each call unless you have a centrex lines.

Good Luck.

Samh30...thanks for your suggestion. I put a unannounced path in the main CCR tree and changed my message to let callers know just to press *6 to be transferred to my cell.

It works like a charm.

Arthursim,
Your routing programming is how N* would do the external call forward when allowed to in Rls 4.1. If you do upgrade, you can make a phantom DN by using an answer key showing. Calls will follow the forward path of the Phantom DN.

PhM

arthursim, if you wouldn't mind, please contact me privately as I have a few questions on your configuration.

jbanks@grom.com

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back