Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External source moh on server edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

pattm

Programmer
May 17, 2012
US
R10 Server Edition with external MOH

I'm looking to see if anyone has a particular item they've used. This customer is getting server edition R10. NO v2 chassis at all. All the phones will be 9608G. SIP trunks also.

they currently have an old MOH unit that they wanted to retain. It has an 8ohm and 1kohm rca style output only. Has anyone used an RCA to USB unit to feed the MOH source into the server edition? Phsyical server not VM.

Thanks

With my clients I typically recommend that we convert the files from the MOH player and load them on the server edition to play natively so no outside hardware is needed. For clients with files that change we also do this work remotely and upload them to the server and switch them over since it is typically too technical for them to accomplish. This can be on a USB key or on the server hard drive using the Server Manager. So long as the files have the correct name and file formatting and size a MOH player isn't needed anymore.

I did find info at tek-tips for this:
However, if they insist on using an existing MOH player the only option I am aware of it:
I hope this helps.

The only 2 documented by Avaya when I looked into this a while back were:
Creative X-FI GO Pro USB
Asus Xonar U3

In theory USB MoH should work with any sound card which has a Linux ALSA driver, I've also tested some really cheap $5 ebay ones and they work too

You would be surprised at how much hardware simply "Just Works" with Linux :)

unless it is "Hot off the presses" the chances are pretty good, he only problem will be getting support from Avaya if you do run into problems

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back