Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External ringtone on call transfer - would prefer internal ringtone

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyHG

Technical User
Nov 11, 2014
GB
Hi,

We have a new IP Office R9 and have noticed that when our receptionist answers an external call and then transfers it internally, the user receiving the transferred call gets an external ringtone.

Is there any way for the user receiving the transferred call to get an internal ringtone on their handset? Or even just a different ringtone from the normal external ringtone.

Many thanks for any advice that will allow us to do this.

Andy

The answer is no.
This is how it is and cannot be change unfortunately .

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

You could change your operation - have reception park every call, then intercom intended to let them know that they have a call on park X. It's a bit kludgey, but accomplishes your goal.

The user is in the same group as reception so that she can occasionally pick up calls when reception are very busy. But because there is no way of differentiating between external calls and internal transferred calls, she has to look at the display every time the phone rings in case it is reception transferring a call that is actually for her.

I find it incredible that there is no way to do this??

It used to be that way, nobody asked Avaya to change it AGAIK but they did and can't change it back, basically something they implemented forced the change but they don't want to admit it, that's what I think anyway :)

mforrence - how would you 'intercom' the intended - is that an IPO feature?

Intercom" is simply a phone call from one telephone to another telephone. Yes, IPO feature. Park, intercom to other user, "hey Joanie, you have a call on park X

...she has to look at the display every time the phone rings in case it is reception transferring a call that is actually for her."

!? call me confused but surely if reception is transferring a call to her it is because the call is for her?!

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

sizbut you surely dodge some calls when you see the caller ID or don't you?

The receptionist could also page through the phone via dialdirect feature and talk right away out of the phone then nobody but the receptionist has more work. I am sure that you can sell that to the receptionist :)

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

“This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Sizbut - she is in lots of hunt groups that she only picks up on occasionally when reception are very busy so the phone rings a lot. But from time to time it is reception putting a call through to her which means that she needs to glance at the phone every time it rings to make sure it isn't a call for her - - if it was a different ring tone it would be much simpler.

Westi - thanks for that. I am new to IPO so would you mind explaining how the receptionist would 'page through the phone via dial direct?'. What sequence of buttons would she need to press to do that? Thanks in advance.

Put the user in a new group labeled "Seriously This call Is For You. I'm Not Kidding You need To Answer". That will be displayed when a call is transferred to the group... or something like that.

CarGoSki - thanks for the suggestion but the aim is to alert her to the fact that the call is being transferred to her from reception as opposed to just a call for one of the many groups that she is in - preferably without her having to glance at the phone every time the phone rings.

Wouldn't it be easier if she didn't log into the groups until she actually planned on answering the calls, any calls to her would only be for her then...:)

Transfer the call to a VMPro mod with a post dial outcall to the lazy woman's phone before transfer action.
Put in a horn blast or something similar in the wave file.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Gunnaro - we only have integrated VM - no VM Pro. She is not lazy - she just picks up calls for lots of hunt groups when both girls on reception are already on calls. Roughly a call every one or two minutes - you don't want to have to keep looking at your phone every minute or two to see if it a call coming for you from reception - a separate internal call ring tone would be so much better.

Give her an extra phone then, just for the HG calls.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

If she has a digital set you could change the ringtone by transferring to a group instead of direct :)

amriddle01 - that sounds like a good solution. So how do you change the ringtone of a group?

If people can't do what they are paid to do and answer the phone, then suggest to management they install analogue handsets. Then they can have all the ring tones they like as per users> telephony> call settings.

I never ignore a phone call based on caller ID. How unprofessional.

Dulce et decorum pro Avaya mori

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back