Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External Phone Number Mask 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

lesshome

Technical User
Dec 27, 2004
ES
How can I mask an extension for the internal phones?
When I call another ip extension (internal) the phone display the extension number. I would like to mask this number for internal ip phones.
I can do it for external phones using "External Phone Number Mask" but I don´t know how can I do it for internal lines.
Thanks.

Hi

You need to go to Device>Phone

Select the phone. Go to the Line 1. Enter the phone extension in Directory Number. Also enter info in line Settings for this Device. Rememeber to add the extn number to the Global Directory too.

Good luck

It doesn´t seem to work. I would like to mask an extension.
I would like do something like this:
Ip extension number 5678. When I call to ip extension 5679 the display must show 1234 <--- this is the mask that I would like create for extension 5678.
Is this posible? Could I mask the 5678 extension with 1234 for another internal ip extension. Now I can mask 5678 extension when I call to external phones.

Create a CallerID-Block_PT partition. Create a Translation Pattern that contains XXXX as the pattern and put it in the CallerID-Block_PT. Inside the Translation pattern you can manipulate the CallerID digits to change them or block them. For the CSS on the Translation Pattern, use something that can reach all the other phones and Gateways.
Create a Calling Search Space called CallerID-Block_CSS that contains the VoiceMail ports and the CallerID-Block_PT. Place the line that you want to have CallerID blocked into the CallerID-Block CSS. When this line dials any 4 digits, the CallerID will be filtered by the Translation pattern.

Hello pndscm!!
At first thanks for your comments
When you say XXXX, I must put XXXX? or 1234?

HEY pndscm!!
It works!!! thank you!!
Now I have another question...
when I call 1234 the display show me "to 95xx" where 95xx belongs to the hunt group that i would like to mask.

HEY pndscm!!
It works!!! thank you!!
when I call 1234 the display show me "to 95xx" where 95xx belongs to the hunt group that i would like to mask. How can I do for mask this?

HEY pndscm!!
It works!!! thank you!!
when I call 1234 the display show me "to 95xx" where 95xx belongs to the hunt group that i would like to mask. What can I do for mask this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back