Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External monitor stops working - Winkey+Ctrl+Shift+B fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfsjohn

Programmer
Sep 1, 2016
US
I love Tek-tips. I have used the Visual FoxPro forum for many years. The experts are sooooo very helpful. BUT, for several years I have steered clear of clicking a googled solution where the solution is on Tek-Tips website. Why? 90% of the time when I access Tek-Tips, my laptop screen and my external monitor will black out. On the laptop the screen always comes back (is functional), but on my external monitor, sometimes after going black then coming back on once or more times, the external monitor stops working. Until today, I would have to reboot my laptop to get everything back to normal. I just discovered using the winkey+ctrl+shift+B brings my external monotor back to life without having to reboot my laptop. That's great and it means I am back in business with regard to making use of Tek-Tips wonderful resources. It would be nice if I could make the problem go away. I should tell you I access a lot of websites and so far Tek-Tips is the only one where I have this issue. My external monitor is connected to my laptop via a USB-C cable. Any help appreciated,
John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back