Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External Line Digit Timeout

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonRothwell1988

IS-IT--Management
Oct 29, 2020
US
Hello,

IP 500 V2 7.0 (36).

I have "Line 1" assigned to a button on the phones. "Line 1" is an extension on another PBX. The other PBX has 8 as the dial-out digit. When I pick up the phone, I get a dial tone on "Line 1" and press 8 to get out of the other PBX. When I do that, there is a significant pause before I get dial tone again to begin dialing the external number. This should not be happening as there is no pause on the other PBX after pressing 8, the second dial tone is immediate. The IPO is holding on to the 8 waiting for other digits before it times out and sends the number out over the line. The only "Dial Delay Time" settings I can find are for intercom dial, not an external line. I want to set the "Line 1" dial delay to 0 so that when 8 is pressed, the IPO sends it immediately and there is no dial delay time.

Thanks,
Jason

First off. Don't use a line appearance. Create a short code 8N;/dial/8N/Line 1. This will let you dial 8 and the number. It will send 8 and the number to line 1 and dial out the other system..

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Thanks for the reply. I will never be calling any extensions on this system, only the other system. I'd like to be able to pick up the handset and be on the other system; be able to dial a local extension on that system, and also be able to pick up, dial 8 and make an outside call. That all works fine, I'm just looking to get rid of the delay after pressing 8 and getting the second dial tone. I think what you're describing, I'd be picking up and getting an intercom line.

Jason

Well. I thought you just wanted to use it for outside line access to the second system. Anyway. If all the exts of the second system are consistent in numbering and unique from the IPO exts, (i.e IPO 100 range system 2 200 range) a short code of 2XX\dial\2N\line 1 would dial internal extensions.

And yes. It would be internal dial tone to the IPO, but that is irrelevant. It will just make a more seamless process.

What is your shortcode for dialing out? Is it 8N;? If so, remove the ; and make it just 8N as that will send the digits over as you are dialing them.

@Telcomboy. He is currently using a 'Line Appearance'

Haha! I came back to this thread after a call and only read the second half. Yeah, that won't work then.

Go to the Analogue Options tab of Line 1, change the Await Dial Tone (ms) value from 3000 to 250

Thanks. I guess I should have specified that I’m not using an intercom appearance, just a line appearance because I’m only dialling extensions and outside access on the system behind the line appearance.

I tried changing the “await dial tone” value on the analogue options of the line and it had no effect. It’s still waiting around 3 seconds before sending the digits out the line. This is fine when calling an extension, such as 2793, but the issue is when calling 8 to get the second dial tone and begin to dial the external number.

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back