Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External HDD Toshiba 250 GB PX1220E-1G25 sleepping 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

borges729

ISP
Jan 2, 2008
I've got an External HDD Toshiba 250 GB PX1220E-1G25 that suddenly it is not detected from the pc. I saw that someone had the same problem in thread751-1172683, but I can't figure how it can be solved... I confess I'm not an expert.
it still in the warranty but I can't lose the data in the disk neither lose the warranty.

I'd apreciate someone's help

Have you gone to Administrator Tools - Computer Management, then, Disk Management. Can you see the drive in there? If you can, it may need a drive letter assigning to it.
I think the above location is correct, been using Ubuntu for a while & may have forgotten the correct wording in Windows.

I've already tryed and it doesn't even apears there. When Iconnect it the computer doesn't have any reaction. The HDD starts run but the light that indicates the data transmition doesn't light.

I presume that other USB devices work okay.
I don't know if this will help, but it may be worth a try. Go in to the BIOS by pressing Del, Esc, F1, F2 or whatever your machine requires & see if Legacy USB support is enabled, if not enable it.
You may also need to update your USB drivers.

Hi Everyone,
I have recently recieved an external hard drive as a birthday gift, but am experiencing some problems. when transferring large files [tons of music] my hard drive goes into sleep mode, and the led goes from green to constant red. It flashes green and red when it is in use, but when i am trying to transfer large files, it seems to just give up, and wont do anything until i reboot it. This is really important to me as my brother has an Ipod and it is empty! All replies are greatly appreciated. Cheers,
Chris.
[In device manager it describes the drive as "SAMSUNG HA320KJ USB Device"]

Minimoke: Please don't hijack someone else's thread just start your own. makes it easier to figure out what answer goes to whate question.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Hi acewarlock,
very true, sorry for the inconvenience i may have caused. Cheers,
Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back