Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External Forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gugs

Technical User
Mar 29, 2004
US
I have IPO r 2.1 and VMPro R2.1 and I am having troubles forwarding a calls to an external number off of the Auto Attd. I want to be able to dial 3 off of the menu and have it transfer to an external number but I can't get it to do that. I have tried sending it to a phantom ext and forwarding it. I have tried using the blind transfer to the number, to a short code, and to a module that dials the number. I am not sure what else to try. Any help on this would be great. I am sure that I am just missing somthing simple but I am at a loss. Any ideas? Oh yeah I am using analog lines and the allow forwarding box is checked on the line form.

I did this exactly the same.
I just used a menu option.
Then point option 3 to a transfer menu. Put in the number and it should be as simple as that.

When you mention it wont do it. What happens when you try it.
May be worth looking at the monitor when your trying to do it.

Check if "Inhibit Off-Switch Calls" is ticked under System Field.

I have now updated to release 3.0.40 on IPO and 3.0 on VMPro and am still getting the same results. I have checked and made sure that the allow forwarding is ticked and that the inhibit off-switch calls is not ticked. I am not sure what to do. Any more ideas would be great.

Take a step back

Try transferring to and extension first. Then try forwarding that extension. Can be a dummy user extension

Thanks everyone for your help. I found that I had overlooked a couple lines and didn't have the allow forwarding checked on those. I checked those and all is well. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back