Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External Feature Access (EFA) for External Transfer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevomorrison

Programmer
Aug 31, 2006
CA
Someone has stated that EFA is a way to make an external transfer using the telco Recall/Flash through a a voicemail Custom Service.
I have a TVM 50 and a TDA-30. The option it seems i need to enable is the EFA Transfer option in the parameters menu of the voicemail. The programming doesnt seem to be there though. From what i can tell it should be between "Ignore Received First DTMF" and "Caller ID Call Back" but it is not there. Can someone help with how to enable and program this feature. My client only has a few lines and i want to try and keep them clear using the Link/REcall feature. If there is another way this can be accomplished, such as system call forward programming or something, i would love to hear about it. I welcome any comments
Any help is appreciated

If you set extension transfer to efa it will try to send all transfered calls to external line. You could use *60 and external number in transfer out option in custom service. This should do a external flash on the line

OK, i will try the *60 in the custom service. I thought i tried it but it didnt work though. Will this work even though i dont see the option to enable efa in the voicemail? Do i have to change anything in the transfer sequence options?

Efa sequence should be set in voicemail parameters efa call transfer sequences as *60nt
Make sure the system ports are not call barred and the voicemail is allowed to transfer calls external in cos
You will have to setup your seq as F *60 number

Sorry meant to say make sure the port the VM is attached to has EFA capabilities.

I will try typing the efa dial string in the custom service next time i am on site. Can you explain the call barred. I dont see any reference to it in the manuals.

If the voicemail extensions are in class of service 7( as should be for toll fraud) you will have to put it in to a class of service and allow transfer to co and be able to dial out

Just a note, was setting EFA up for manual transfer to cell phones from the receptionist phone. The flash timer in the TDE is defaulted to 600ms I had to take this down to 204ms for flash to function properly. Might have to find the right flash time for the local loop provider.

Stevomorrison, did you ever get this working? I have the exact same request, I tried *60number but this doesn't seem to work...just says "please wait a moment" and line stays open but does not dial the outside number. Did you have to enable anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back