Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EXTERNAL DRIVE 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CUBALIBRAS

Technical User
Jan 31, 2003
US
i have 4 external drives which i use for video, music, data back up etc. Is there a way to assign a password to protect these drives from other users who may alter or delete my projects?

thanks in advance

Some thumb drives have software written for them that will do that job. I imagine sooner or later you could find one using google that will work for an external hard drive.
You could also try the hard drive mfgr website for such a program, perhaps even try the mfgr of the external boxes you have.

There are programs that will work, they allow you to put all your files on one folder and then password protect it. YOu may be able to google one such program.

Good advice + great people = tek-tips

thanks very much garebo, the info you provided is excellent!!

You're very welcome, CUBALIBRAS, and thanks for the star! I have learned as much or more than i have given at this place.

Good advice + great people = tek-tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back