Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External DID to user mailbox in embedded voicemail on 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Team503

MIS
May 28, 2009
US
I have some customers who want a DID to dial into and check their embedded voicemail on IP Office 500 systems using 5.0+ firmware.

Anyone have any idea how to set this up? I thought about making an ICR to a shortcode (*88) that was:

Voicemail Collect
?
[blank]
[blank]

Do you think this will work?

ICR to target voicemail

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

check it out here

Take Care

Matt

IP Office 101

Take Care

Matt

^ ACA, Implementing IP Office

Perhaps, but in the certification course, we never covered embedded voicemail; we focused exclusively on Pro. And frankly, I avoid selling embedded as often as possible.

what do you mean aca? you have one?

i guess the point is this. it works exactly the same way it does on pro. and if you have customers that have it. you have to know how to use it.

NEVER, EVER, EVER BUY A HOUSE BUILT BY BELLWAY!

Yes, I have one. The carat (^) is intended to be an arrow pointing at my username.

And my point is that I have never needed to configure this before; voicemail pro users can simply press 8 during their greeting to access their message. Configuring an additional "remote" method is redundant and confusing to the user.

or extremely useful if not all users have ddi numbers/don't want to wait listening to ringing whilst their mailbox picks up.

swings and round abouts really, i just find it surprising you got an ACA without ever having come across it.

Blame Jenne - they hosted the course. To be fair, it was hosted more as a refresher for those with experience on the hardware, of which I had none.

Mind you, I'm a career sysadmin who got thrown into the SMB phone business out of necessity. Boss thought I could pick it up quickly, which I mostly did, and we needed someone.

Never hurts to expand the skill set.

funnily enough im actually headed in the opposite direction. maybe i should have taken my ACA before they ditched it.

nevermind.

A little of both never hurts, especially if you focus on the SMB (small and medium business) market. Larger corporations seem to be more interested in specialization these days.

Pressing 8 only works in Voicemail Pro, not embedded voicemail.

also, you might find embedded cards more practical for cost saving exercises and customers installing 1600 series handsets for http firmware uploads to the handsets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back