Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External dial tone

Status
Not open for further replies.

apacheMD

Technical User
Oct 8, 2003
IN
Hei

Is there any way to change the external dial tone.

I access a route with the destination code X.

I have put SIG -> D1 -> 3.

When i press X, i get the internal dial tone. I am not getting any dial tone from the PTT. I need a way to get a different dial tone other then the internal dial tone.

is some patch or SACOS values available.

thanxxx

apache

Which BC version, which AS, which signalling etc.?

What type of route do you connect by if it is not a copper cable you may not get dial tone anyway from the PTT
Cheers Brian

Hei all

Its a TL30 ( E1R2 ) route. The market is ST ( standard ).

MD is BC11 SP12.

Hi:
Please try to change D1 to 4 it works for me!!!!

Experience it, there is no substitute.
RemoveThisJazayeri@kiasagroup.com

Value 4 is establish monitoring path to pstn .
apacheMD has a connection to pstn that does not provide dialtone .
You are stuck with the value 3 choice .
An alternative is to use LCR instead ,defaulting all to LCLDI:dest= ; (no data in dnt1/dnt2).
This will provide LCR tone instead (more simular to PSTN tone).
When SACOS'ing this was the tone we fetched from TSU/TMU .

Hei

i tried with with ASPAC->254->morse codes....

these ASPAC gives u options for different internal/external dial tones. But these tones are similar to my PTT disconnection tone.

anyways i am gonna try SYAR suggestions !!

thanx

apache

Hei Syar

I tried with LCR but I get the same dial tone as the internal. There is no change.

Any other suggestions !!!!

BR//

apache

I guess not . In my market the LCR/simulated PSTN tone from the MD is 425hz continious(as well as the sig D1=3) .And internal is also 425hz but with repetitive pause (425hz/500ms-pause/10ms-425hz/500ms).This make the user tell them apart.
If your problem is that the frequency is 425hz it is not possible at alter it in md .(it's coded in the board itself).

Are you have TSU or TMU? If you have TSU you need patch for LCR tone. If you have TMU for LCR tone try: aspap:parnum=254,parval=4 and restart all TMU boards.
BR

Note !
This feature is AS dependent(not in all markets)

I have tried already the ASPAP:parnum=254.

The dial tone changes, but this tone is similar to our PTT disconnection tone.

Syar is right that i need to change the base frequency of the tone. Should be different for both internal and external.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back