Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External Destination Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoneguy15

Vendor
Apr 23, 2002
US
Relatively new to IPOCC. We have set up a location with IPOCC on a new IPO R9.1 system.
We used the Avaya RICS service for the initial setup of the system.
Now the users are wanting to send calls out to a 3rd party call center for after hours and overflow when all of the in house agents are busy or unavailable.
The destination Call Center folks are asking for calls to be transferred off to them without being maintained on the IP Office/IPOCC at all.
It is my understanding (it may be incorrect) that calls that are sent to external destinations are still maintained through the IPO/IPOCC.
Eg- call comes in on 1 trunk goes through the routing and then is send back out on another trunk port similar to a trunk to trunk transfer or off net forwarding.
My question- is there a way to setup within the IPOCC (or the IPO) to do a trunk transfer to send the call to the destination Call Center and the call be completly off of the IPO/IPOCC?

Thanks in advance!

-Todd

It might be doable with ifs and buts depending on what Lines you have and what the service provider supports.

Another question is why does the 3rd party call center want this?

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Thanks for the reply!
The destination Call Center wants to have all of the call supervision for the active call.
I think they would have that even if the call is still maintained through the IPO/IPOCC but I'm not really certain.
The IPO is using 2 PRI's for trunk service.

-Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back