Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External Datawindow Displays One Row at a Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dom71555

IS-IT--Management
Feb 6, 2005
US
I have a external datawindow object that I set columns and rows. What I need to do is have all the rows display at the same time, at run time,rather than having to tab down each row.

I see all the values when I run the program (by clicking the page down key), however, only one row can be seen at a time in the datawindow.

Thanks for the help

Do you have the display area of the datawindow control expanded downward on the form so that multiple rows can show?

Matt

"Nature forges everything on the anvil of time"

Yes, I have the dw control expanded much larger than the amount of data that would be displayed. The number of rows that I have for the external dw is only 3 rows.
I load data to the external datawindow via SQL statements in a loop. Depending on the number of grade levels retrieved from another datawindow will determine the number of times I loop and enter data to the external datawindow.

For example one of our schools in our school district has grades K - 2.
So for each loop, I get the data for students in grade K, increment the loop get the data for grade 1 etc..

The data is there, just cannot see it all at the same time.

Is there something in the datawindow object that might be causing this?

One approach for this is to have the two datawindows share the same datawindow object.

Say DW_1 is the datawindow you actually do the retrieve and the filtering.

Once you have the dataset you wish to display in DW_2 you can do the following:

[pre]string ls_data
ls_data = DW_1.object.datawindow.data //saves data as tab delimited string
DW_2.importstring(ls_data)[/pre]

Now you have the data displaying in DW_2 from DW_1 without any looping.

Matt

"Nature forges everything on the anvil of time"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back