Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

external calls route to another company's #

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trashkk

MIS
Dec 15, 2003
US
Hi All,
We have 8 lines in our company. If people called to line 5, it's suppose to be our #s, but it was called to another company. All other lines works fine. I had checked the lines that they were all going into our office receptionist's extension.
I am not sure if this is someting I can change in the programming or it's the SBC that had our lines mixed up?
Called SBC and they are saying that our line5 was set to transferred to that company's #. I checked the receptionist phone's line 5 and it was not set to transfer to that company's #.

Anyone could help?

Thanks
Ken.

The list can be quite long to what the issue might be.

Is the company whom is accepting your calls in the same building? Perhaps a recent service call to your DMARK has cuased the problem.

Is the line erroniously forwarding through the telco?
Has the line been erroniously forwarded from within your building (either through a set, or by using variable call forwarding on the line itself at the DMARK)

I would start with a service ticket to your provider.

Line 5 is suppose to be our line. I can use line 5 to make a direct call, but not incomming calls to this line. If people calling this number, another company picks it up. That company is not within our buildings.

SBC say it's our fordwarding problem. But I had checked the programming and all llines goes to the front receptionist.

do you have centrex lines. maybe someone forwarded this line I think if you hit the line button than #73 this will take off forwarding. That is if you have centrex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back