Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

external callforward with nite button

Status
Not open for further replies.

drdialtone321

Vendor
Jan 26, 2005
US
I've worked on IP Office and Definity too much to remember how to do this. Here's the scenerio. All copper trunks ring all phones (pool 70). At 5pm the console needs to be able to send all inbound call to an external answering service. I've tried setting all trunks to a call group, put this group in nite service, added 1 adjunct as a member of the call group and remotely forwarded the adjunct by using an auth code (#80 auth # *33....). Calls still ring all the phones. What am I mising? or is there an easier way to do this?

Is the console a QCC or DLC? Did you change the options: REMOTE CALL FORWARD ALLOW: YES & TRUNK TRANSFER ALLOW: YES for the console or the adjunct in programming? The call won't leave the switch unless these options are YES.

Hope this helps.

....JIM....

Call forward it out in the centrek network. Have the console access the first member of the trunk group. Do the network callward code(I think it is usually #70, then input where you want it to go. Then the calls with never reach your pbx and be limited by the number of trunks that you have.

Da-vi'do Juan-is'imo
P.S. For the best response to a question, read FAQ222-2244. Also give the type & version of your voice mail & pbx & preview your post to make sure it is complete & understandable. Please answer all questions so that I may have the info to assist you. Leaving a post on how you fixed the problem will also be appreciated.

Someone has to be the Principal User of the lines for them to be forwarded on incoming ring. The lines are in a pool, but your Operator has the lines assigned individually. If you make the Operator the Principal User and allow Remote Call Forward, put a Forward button on the phone, you should be good to go.

However, there are other interactions. During the day, if the Operator has voice mail coverage, unanswered incoming calls will go directly to the Operator's mailbox. You may need to take away the Operator's voice mail, or point the mailbox to the auto attendant.

Principal user...DUH No wonder I couldn't get it to go. Thanks Tommy that did the trick.
orypecos, I would have done that but the user wanted the warm fuzzy feeling of a lite, plus when I had them do the centerx forward we still had a 1/2 ring on all phones on a incomming call, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back