Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External Call Transfer in Meridian

Status
Not open for further replies.

jalvayu1

Technical User
Dec 6, 2001
IN
How can I transfer an external call to a long distance line in a Nortel Meridian 61C PBX? Please help.

hi
please provide more infomation on what you want to achieve

Colin

Try to set the CLS CFXA (Call Forward External Allowed)

Tell me the software issue (ld 22 prt iss) and I'll tell you the way!

Let me try to explain. Say, I dial a call to an external
phone and then I want to transfer this call to another
external line and remove myself from the loop, but I want the two external parties to continue with the call. My PBX should be able to hold the call.

The PBX is Nortel Meridian 61C. The version and issue details are as follows:

Ver. 2911
Rel. 25
Issue 30

The command used for retrieving this information is
LD 22, REQ ISS

On the incoming route - make sure the FEDC and NEDC are set to ETH. In Customer Data Block - Net_data , TRNX and EXTT are set to yes.
Your incoming trunks also need an NCOS equal or greater than the transfer call you wish to make.

This will open you up to toll fraud. be careful. Make sure whomever is asking for this gets it to you in writing, or when the phone bills come in, you will be asked to explain.

Reusser/ janaya

Thank you for your response. The prompts for FEDC and NEDC
are not appearing in the RDB in my system. Can it be because we are using ISDN? Is it possible to set up a conference from a DN with two external numbers and then remove myself from the conference ensuring that the two
external parties can continue with the conversation?

The set you are transferring from must have CLS FTTU (flexible trunk to trunk unrestricted) Then that set can transfer an external caller to another external destination, complete the transfer while ringing or after answer, and can also use conf for same.... connect all.. them drop out and leace the 2 external parties connected thru your pbx.

janaya,

Can you explain how this opens the phone to fraud? The only thing that comes to my mind is: the user could program their phone to forward to England. Then they could call the XFA number from home and be connected to England and spend hours talking to the Queen? Is this what you're talking about?

Or are there other unforeseen problems?

mike

Fraud: you can call your ISP and your modem at home: hang up to keep the line open.... Please check the CDR data regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back