Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External Call forward feature not working_11C 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

uma0579

Technical User
Feb 13, 2011
IN
Hello Team

I am facing issue with call forward feature. We have 2 phones in IT dept. with Call forward button configured for 16 digits. This extensions have direct Out dialing access (without entering any authcode). If no one is available in IT cabin we forward calls for those extensions to IT Cell number. While stepping out of IT cabin we activate CFW feature so if someone calls to these extensions their calls would get forward to that IT cell.

Issue is that if callers on extensions which don't have direct out dialing access call to these IT extensions, their calls don't get forwarded to IT cell number, they get fast busy tone. Whereas if callers on extensions having out dialing access call to these extensions their calls get forwarded to IT cell.

It was working earlier for all extensions whether they have dialing access or not.It suddenly stopped working after we had to restart the system for No-dial tone issue. But we had done nothing in particular to work this feature for all extensions and every time we run Edd after every change so there is no any chance of losing any changes made.

Now Maintenance vendor for this system says it doesn't work for Extensions which don't have out dialing access. But in my knowledge in this case IT extensions are placing\initiating call to IT cell number so it doesn't matter if Caller's extensions have out dialing access or not.

Please advise.

Regards,
UM

The easiest way I know is to add in the two cell phone numbers as allowed numbers in the FCR barring tables against the NCOS tables that have been assigned to the phones that can't normally dial out. It sounds as if there is currently an NCOS restriction that is blocking outgoing access.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Can you post the TN print out of your IT phone? Is CFXA set in the CLS?

Wondering if it is NCOS issue. Earlier also they didn't have normal dialing access but their calls were getting forwarded after calling to IT extensions.

Note- IT extension don't have any calling restriction. Extensions on floor can't do out dialing normally, They have to enter Authcode for each & every out dialing.

But still it keeps me wondering as it was working earlier for them also.

CFXA is already enabled for IT extensions as I mentioned in my earlier post extensions with normal dialing access when call to IT extensions their calls get forwarded to Cell numbers with no issue

Below is the IT extension setup

REQ: prt

TYPE: tnb

TN 4 5
SPWD
DATE

PAGE
DES
DES DGTL
TN 004 0 00 05
TYPE 3902
CDEN 8D
CUST 0
FDN 4630
TGAR 0
LDN NO
NCOS 0
SGRP 0
RNPG 10
SCI 0
SSU 0000
LNRS 16
XLST
SCPW 1111
SFLT NO
CAC_MFC 0
CLS TLD FBD WTA LPR PUA MTD FND HTA ADD HFA GRLA
MWD RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRD NID OLD VCE DRG1
POA DSX VMD CMSD CCSA-CSI SWD LNA CNDA
CFTA SFD MRD DDV CNID CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDD CDMD LLCN MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUD DPUD DNDA CFXA ARHD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHD FICD NAID BUZZ
UDI RCC HBTD AHD DDGA NAMA MIND PRSD NRWD NRCD NROD
DRDD EXR0
USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD OCBD FLXD FTTC MCBN
CPND_LANG ENG
EFD
HUNT 4601
EHT 4601
LHK 0
PLEV 02
AST
IAPG 0
AACS NO
ITNA NO
DGRP
MLWU_LANG 0
DNDR 0
KEY 00 SCR 4602 0 MARP
CPND
CPND_LANG ROMAN
NAME IT_Dept
XPLN 7
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
01 AO6
02 RNP
03 CFW 11 09619435048
04 TRN

You need to go into LD 88 and find what NCOS was assigned to the authcodes. Then amend the NCOS to allow the cell phones.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler

Authcodes NCOS already has out dialing access. Because when they call out entering Auth codes their calls go through.

Sorry, I meant to ask for the NCOS setting on the existing sets that are normally barred. I think that the NCOS setting you have for them will need to have the cell phones added in that particular NCOS table in LD 49.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler

sounds like the feature (Call forwarding forward/originat)was changed in the customer data block. The call forward is looking at the class of service of the originator and blocking. Check in the FTR opt block of CDB LD 21. Change it from CFO to CFF--call forward forwarding--this will only look at the class of service and ncos of the set forwarded.

Thank you Kstaff22. You are the best. Issue is resolved now after changing it from CFO to CFF in FTR CBD options

In LD 15 check "OPT" look for "CFO" (Call Forward Originating) change it to "CFF" (Call Forward Forwarding).
Either the [b]Originating[/b] or Forwarding party’s Class
of Service is used to determine access to services or features on Call Forward

Nortel all the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back