Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External Call Forward Failing Intermittently

Status
Not open for further replies.

almostretired

Vendor
Jan 20, 2004
I have a customer with an MICS e/w 4.1 and running PRI who cannot forward externally from time to time.

I've tried it and it works...caller calls his DID which is set for ring only, the arrow associated with an intercom key (he has 2 IC keys)flashes once breifly and the call goes to the correct number according to the forward.

I've tried it and it doesn't work...caller calls his DID and the arrow beside the IC key flashes 5 or 6 times and the caller hears a busy signal. The call is dropped off the set by itself.

This customer has been using the feature for over a year with no problem. The trouble started a couple of months ago but has been elusive to find as it's generally fine when I get there. Lately I've encountered the trouble fairly regularly.

Anybody have any ideas or past experience?

Thanks

Almostretired (and getting closer if this keeps up!)

You can check the alarm logs (system test log) for alarm messages to see why the call is failing.
It may be a simple case of not enough channels being available on the PRI.
Is the customer receiving complaints of busy signals?

No complaints from any other users about Busy's. I'll check the alarm logs. Are there Min/Max settings that could affect it?

There are min max settings.
Look for CBC limits.
Normal is min 0 and max 23

I checked the system test log and a couple of months back there was a 695 S4 attached set denied request for a B-channel
Also showing May 4 and 7th a cose 904 followed by 0108003C S3 and 0108001E S3 respectively. Can't find this one in the manual.
I also noticed this morning that calls routed in through the attendant all followed the call forward external properly while 4 out of 5 calls to the appropriate DID reached the set but failed to forward. Oddly, there were no messages in the log after this occured.

Any ideas?

I have had a similar problem before with 4.1... I do not know what your exact setup is, but here's what I did:

The programming for my setup was that the target lines would "ring only" at the extensions...this was causing problems. I changed the target lines to "appear and ring", and the problem was solved. This also allowed for line redirection, which was easier for the end user.

I went to the site and set the Target line to Ring and Appear. Unfortunately it failed regularly.

I read in another Post that 4.0/4.1 was troublesome. I don't suppose Nortel offered a free upgrade by chance.

If I do upgrade, I'll go to 6.1. Does anyone know if the Target line numbers will increment appropriately or do they all have to be re-done?

They will renumber appropriately.

DueE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back