Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External Back up HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

teenu3

Technical User
Jul 20, 2012
IN
Hi,

I have a NIU2 connected to a pc for maintenance. how can i create a safety back up file .
what are the command for it.

regards

Teenu,
Dusyi os actually not for safety backup. If you want to create it in e.g your PC, use MDDT and copy REL1 and/or REL2 from the flash to the PC. Then, if you need to reload from the safety, use MDDT again, but vice versa.
To craete a safety BU in the same flash is not a very good idea, but you can always make a dump to another one and save it in your pocket or somewhere in a safe place. Creating a safety to the same flash, use FICPI.

Thank you Fcpli,

That is exactly i want to do, i want to create a back up in my pc. i have done dusyi in the system. by using MDDT What are command to copy RELI and REL2 to the pc and to reload.
please help me.

regards

Teenu,

If you are using MDDT, there are actually no commands. The procedure is something like this:
Open MDDT, check that you have your system in the List Of Customers. If not, goto Tools - CDA, create the customer (your system) with username, PSW, IP address. Exit CDA, refresh the customer info in Tools (MDDT).
Then connect to the system. Goto USR1 (system side on the right) - SES - DR - REL1. Copy REL1 to the desired directory (folder) in your PC (left arrow in the middle). If needed, do the same with USR2-SES-DR-REL2.
Done!
If you want to copy it back, follow the procedure described, but vice versa.
If the system is totally down (no contact to NIU or something), you need to have an extra flash with a normal dump and insert it in the NIU2.
Good luck

Hi fcpli,
Thanks for the help you are extending. actually MDDT TOOL thing i didn't understand is that is in winfiol. i am little hesistand to ask more advice but i have to.

1. The niu2 here have a flash disk. can i remove that disk and keep as a back up . dump again in the new flash disk. if so what is the command sequence,
2.I found one NIU (not niu 2) is it possible to remove the niu2 and and put this niu and dump in that.
if so what is the command pattern.
i will be very thank full to you. please give me little elaborate answer.

regards

hi Fcpli,

Thanks for your help

i manage to copy rel 1 and rel 2 in a flash disk as on today,

thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back