Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External Auto Answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 28, 2006
US
Is there any way to fool the IP Office 412 (3.1) system into thinking it is getting an internal call when it is actually getting an external call? I ask this because I want to set our agents up so that it automatically picks up after one ring by hiding an internal auto answer button in the back page of their phone and getting it somehow to work for external calls as well. Thanks.

maybe (i am not sure) you can let the call come in to a virtual user
then forward to the huntgroup

This feature was available on the old INDeX systems and was not continued into the IP Office. This confused, and infuriated, a lot of users especially as they were using the same phones they used to (the DT 20xx series)!

A few people complained and Avaya did actually get this to work with a special Source Number (I think from memory). When I was working for a distributor we had a couple of resellers who had customers who wanted this and Avaya went to site to enable this for them. I can't remember off the top of my head what the code was but I'll try and find out for you.

I have a feeling though that although this did work, Avaya would still not support it!

The forwarding thing doesn't work, but nice try tlpeter! Please do let me know if there is a source number available for this. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back