Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External Auto-Answer on AVAYA communicator 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

smartedge1

IS-IT--Management
May 10, 2013
NG
Hello,

i have been struggling to activate internal auto answer on avaya communicator . I have tried the DCP* ,Dial ,40000000,0,3,3,0
Line Group 0 shortcode on the user but its not working . I will appreciate if anyone can advise what i am missing .

Been a long time since used Communicator but seem to remember an Agent Mode in the settings for the app itself. Might need to enable this.

Thanks for the response .I have seen the agent mode setting under the preferences settings on the communicator . Will enabling this agent mode auto answer external calls ? . Please advise .

Enable it, see what happens.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

We enabled the agent mode on communicator but the call was not auto answered . What else can we do ?

From the Communicator user manual:

Screenshot_2024-02-05_123707_vj0bvd.png

“Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it.
If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH'.
The paint wouldn't even have time to dry.”

Terry Pratchet

@Ekster
The auto-answer is working now after enabling it as advised .Thanks so much for this useful tip . I appreciate you .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back