Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

extensions going external

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twinky101

Technical User
Aug 26, 2009
CA
I have a help going to our phone service provider for this one as well, but they can't figure it out and thin ksomeone has been mucking with the bcm (aka me even though I haven't changed anything).
We have four digit extensions and there are certain extensions that when dialed from two specific phone sets are intermittently going external and dialing people's homes in the community; most of the time they go where they are supposed to, but one day the number went external every single time you tried it and there was nothing in the bcm to show that it was changed or set to do that or anything. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? Or how I cna prevent it from continuing; any kind of restriction or something I can set up?

Check your call foward settings,
Check redirected call setting against the target line.
Uncheck allow redirect to stop this in capabilites

Put a filter 6 on restrictions against the extn DN to stop external calls completly

Check if a service DN has been allocated to this extn pointing to a Greeting table with external transfer.

Call pilot- configuration-service directory DN dialing

Check the outdial external notification.

use BCM Monitor to see the number its Dialing.

Try these first

see it only happens really intermittently.
if there was something amiss in our settings, would it happen every time and we could see it happening, test for it, and fix it?
sometimes I want to say its a user error and they are dialing the first three digits out of habit
and sometimes I have sat and seen for myself someone dial an extenstion and it goes astray

Check the actual line coming in.
Does it have a divert on thats controlled by the customer before it gets to the BCM.

I had a fault similar that when a call came in after 6 rings the customer got a message to say they dialled a wrong number.

Turned out the TELCO had an external divert No Answer to a mobile(Cell) number the was incorrect.

I will call our tech rep at the phone co and see if he sees anything like that. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back