Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

extension voicemail wont pickup! 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DenneyM

IS-IT--Management
Nov 30, 2004
US
Had a system lose all programming over the weekend. Started from scratch this morning. My question: when you call/transfer to someones extension internally or externally thier voicemail never picks up. If you use direct vm transfer it picks up right away. I've rechecked my steps from this morning and can't figure out what I've missed. Any help???

(1) R.7
(2) 308 ec's
(1) PMVS R.5 4-port 48 MB

Thanks!!!

DennyM,
Before you started from scratch I would have unplugged the system waited about 2 minutes and then powered it back up. We call it a hard reset. Now before you do anything you should log into the voicemail intercom 777, 0#, 9 then 8 and press 9 to restore the settings from the back up 4 port card. If that does not solve your issue you will have to give me more information on what you have programmed. It could be a couple of things. But try this first.

Thank you! I haven't tried it, but I already know you're right. That was a dumb one for me to miss. Thanks again!

Thanks Fondog2. I went through that this morning. It ended up being the Automatic VMS Cover that wasn't even assigned. Thanks again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back