Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extension Thru Dial Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Centerfielder

Technical User
Feb 9, 2006
CA
We have 3 digit extensions, 6XX, 7XX and 8XX all of which are configured for thru dial in application builder as follows:
* Allow dial by number
Use fixed length numbers
Length = 3
RPL = On Switch

I can't seem to figure out why callers have to dial "0" and then the extension to thru dial to another extension. How do I set it up so callers can thru dial by keying only the 3 digit extension?

Example Voice greeting, "you have reached Blah blah, please leave a message or dial XXX to connect with my assistant..."

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

In example given, why not set revert in mailbox to be assistant extension; callers would press 0 to get there.
Once a caller is in a mailbox, they have to either leave a message or press 0 + other extension they want to dial. This is usually used to get out of that mailbox and try another extension that they cannot reach by pressing 0 to go to revert.

We also have a live receptionist at 0 and I need to keep that option open so callers can reach our main desk. Is there some way I can program another number, like "1" to revert to assistant?

No...once the caller is in a user's mailbox, they have to get out of that mailbox in order to go to another extension. Hence them having to dial 0+extension number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back