Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

extension rings busy 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cappo5150

MIS
Mar 4, 2005
US
Hello its me again. I have a problem with a phone, when you dial the extension it rings fast busy. I unplugged the phone and had someone dial it, its still busy. I also tried to dial from this phone, I have no dial tone. What do you suggest I try next? Please keep in mind I'm new to phone systems. If this helps we have an Option 11c.

Is the phone analoge or digital ?
Either way I would suggest you start with diable & re-enable the port on the card:-

LD 32
.DISU (Termial Number)
OK

.ENLU (Terminal Number)
OK

If you have a display on the phone (time etc) but no
dial tone, then it sounds like the phone is disabled or
is no longer programmed in the switch. That would
also cause the fast busy.

ld 20
prt
dnb
xxxx (the ext number)
return a few times then look for the tn, the 1 and last number on an 11 is the card and slot

then load 20

stat x x on the tn
enlu x x
idc x x

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I did the above steps but couldnt find what you mentioned.

Hopefully this is what you meant.

DN 3425
CPND
NAME REGENCY ROOM
XPLN 12
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
TYPE SL1
TN 012 0 00 09 KEY 00 H MARP DES RGNCY 16 JUL 2002
(2616)

What exactly am I looking for? Also How do I get out of this menu option? It seems to be in an endless loop if I type anything. Please help.

your tn is 12 9..

ld 20
stat 12 9

enlu 12 9

idu 12 9

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks John, seems like it rings now. I cant verify it though since the room is in use. But does anyone know how this got disabled at the switch?

If it was unplugged for a while, or overnight, then the pbx would have seen no phone connected to the TN and it would have disabled it.

It depends what maintenance routines are run during the day or during mdnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back