Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extension Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 10, 2001
US
We use a free cad viewer program called Volo View. Some of the people in the plant use this to view cad drawings. A particular user does this all day, printing out dwg's and distributing them. She has been able to click file open, type the drawing number (without the .dwg ext) and pull it up to print. Since her printer drivers were reloaded the other day, she now has to key the .dwg at the end of every entry (in files of type she has dwg,dwf,etc).

Does anyone know how to set it to only look for dwg and retain the setting?

When she used to type the file name could she just type the file name and then choose the enter key on her keyboard?

That is correct. For example, she could type 6500-024 and it would pull up the drawing, print it...then she could type 4200-555 and it would pull up....etc. If you looked at the "files of type" then it probably would just say .dwg. Now she has to type 6500-024.dwg, and if you look at files of type, it has several. You can change this, but it doesn't stay.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Yea, that's what I am used to. There is more than just ".dwg" specified in the "files of type" pulldown.

Now, you also say that you have a "Free" version of Volo View. I'm assuming then that you mean you have Volo View "Express".

What about double clicking the file from the dialog box? That seems just a quick, and you don't even need to type anything.

Not an option. Too many files, too much digging around.

okay... On the version of Volo View that I have (2.01) I can type a file name and a list menu appears below the "file name" box. When she types the file name jsut choose the "down arrow" on her keyboard, select the file from the list and then choose the enter key.

Doesn't answer you questions but it should provide the same results (If I understand your problem correctly).

She has to print hundreds per day, my job is to make that as easy on her as possible. I have not been able to figure it out, so I'm trying to see if anyone here can help.

Thank you, but I need to get it back where she can just type the file name and print, file name and print, file name and print......can anyone else help?

Bump. Thought I would also mention that I went into folder options, file types and removed anything that used this program other than the dwg extension. Didn't help.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back