Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extension Name Display on Networked MIC's

Status
Not open for further replies.

SysTool

Technical User
Jan 25, 2009
US
Has anyone sucessfully passed the Extension Name with Networked MIC's? Networked via Private Pojnt to Point PRI T1's using MCDN Advanced Networking Keycodes. Extension number apears but not the users name. Any Ideas?

Have you named the DNs? Have you named the business name?

NCSS NCTS NCTE

I may be incorrect, but I don't think it will pass the set name until you name the business name...

NCSS NCTS NCTE

If you populate business name and you are in US be weary of your PRI going out after you make this change...

Sometimes it works but most times it makes the service provider's CO confused and won't let you dial out.

------------------------------------------
Wash, rinse, repeat.

I have named the business name. Also, in the PRI settings there is a parameter "SendNameDisp?" to which I have selected "Y" for yes. I do not have any PRI T1's out to the Central office only Point to Point between Switches.

Oh by the way the business name does appear. I was hoping the callers DN name would appear. S currently I do get the users extension with an "H" in front of it, then the business name will display after.

Update: I put the extension number of the DN in the OLI# field for the DN and now the name appears when I call between switches. It actually displays the Business name then the DN name. So it is working! Thanks for the replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back