Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extension monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

breimann

MIS
Jun 17, 2004
US
Hello,

I have a user that my boss asked to be monitored for the calls they make and recieve. I've seen this once, I know through the definity that you can monitor what an extension does, down to even taking the phone off the hook. I tried looking for the command via google but came up empty. Any help would be awesome! Thanks in advance

If you have version 8 or above try list trace station followed by the extension number. Version 11 will stay active for about 3 pages. Versions prior will terminate on hang up. Do you have a CDR call accounting package of some sort? If so you can pull reports hourly and as long as you are capturing incoming calls.

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Hello,

If this is a one time thing, you can go to and download a 10 day trial of the Call Flow Extract. There is a program included with this called 'Switch Trace'. You can set this up to trace a station indefinitely or a predetermined amount of times.

You can also set this up using the Windows scheduler if you need to run it when you aren't in the office.

LIST TRACE

time data

11:46:25 active station 6998 cid 0x17ba
11:46:26 dial 6969
11:46:26 busy station 6969 cid 0x17ba
11:46:29 idle station 6998 cid 0x17ba
11:46:29 TRACE COMPLETE station 6998 cid 0x17ba

this is the results of the trace......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor