Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extension mobility error 7961

Status
Not open for further replies.

timtopham

Technical User
Sep 14, 2007
GB
Hi,

I have been looking in to fault we have been getting with one of our 7961 phones, I have tried rebuilding it removing it from Call manager and leaving off line for a few day but every time i try to enable extension mobility on the phone
with logged out profile set to "Use current device settings"

i get the following error:-

Method call failed. (4)
Details:
Error No. -2147219964 (0x80040604):
CDBLException Dump: [Method call failed]

If i change it to select a logged out profile it works all ok.

all other phones appear to be working ok

call manger version 4.3

I had a problem with extension mobility before, but i don't know the error massage anymore. So i could be a differnt problem, but you can give it a trie.

the problem i had was that a device with extension mobility was removed and wen i later wanted to use that device again i couldn't create extension mobility on this udp because it already existed somewhere.

Here is what i did: (it was on a CCM 6.1 so i can be some different)

When you search for device profiles it normaly only searches (filters) for users. (it say on the left side of the search bar).
From this dropdown menu you can select autogenereted or all also.
Select All.

Search for ADP+Macaddres of the device (like ADP00112233 )
This will bring up a result.
Delete this entry and you can try it again.

I hope this will guide you or work on the 4.3

Good luck

Hi, Silver Blade,

I have tried what you sudjest but when i try to delete the ADP profile I get the following error message, "There are no Device profile currently selected. Click one or more checkboxes to select device profile and try again"
I have ticked the only box i can see just by the profile name colum then click on delete but get the above error.

any other tips would be great.

thanks

tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back