Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extension is only going to Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReaperLXIX

IS-IT--Management
Dec 6, 2021
US
Hello all,

This is my first time posting to Tek-Tip's and I apologize in advanced if there's anything I don't include.
We are starting to see an issue with some extensions that seem to be stuck routing to only VM.
This is the second extension that I've had in the past 2 weeks with this issue. The first extension seemed to have fixed itself within a couple of hours.

Essentially if you call the extension from either internal or external the phone will immediately go to VM.
SAC is turned off, EC500 is disabled, I have restarted the deskphone. I have also signed that extension into another desk phone(J179) to confirm that the issue follows the extension.

Ultimately there is no symbols on the phone indicating that it's in any kind of state.
While inside of Site Administration I confirmed that the extension wasn't listed after running "list call-forwarding" and I've attempted to turn on and off "Advanced Call Forwarding" as well with prevail.
With the Advanced Call Forwarding enabled the extension seems to ignore the forward and just still goes straight to voicemail.

I have also attempted to change the coverage path and it seems to make no change what so ever.

I also did a trace on the extension while I attempted to call it and it immediately just changes the trunk to VM as soon as the call is recieved.

Anyone happen to have any idea of what I could be missing from here? I'm honestly lost as to what is causing it to just go straight to the VM trunk at this point.
Thanks for any and all help!

What does a "status station" say for the extension?

Biglebowskis Razor - with all things being equal if you still can't find the answer have a shave and go down the pub.

H323 or SIP phones? VPN phones or on LAN?

Freelance Certified Avaya Aura Engineer

Running a status stations shows that it's currently "in-service/on-hook" and shows that SAC is currently activated?
I did also attempt to use our feature access code to turn off the SAC from the phone itself more than one time so it should not still be in the SAC state. Is there another way I can force it out of SAC?

It is also H323 phones on LAN.

if you remove the station and add it back, the send calls will not be active. Or, you could remove the coverage path from the station with change station, test incoming calls to station and verify it's working.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

45 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 35 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back