Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extension From Location1 to Location2 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hetzed

Technical User
Apr 26, 2017
PR
Hi,

I'm trying to create an extension to call an office in Spain. My main office is in PR as well my avaya pbx server. How Can I accomplish this?

No, I dont have a dedicated trunk, How I do that? My first location is in Puerto Rico, and the other location is in Spain. I have Avaya Aura and the other location have Asterisk.

Sounds to me you need to hire a vendor who can work with your network personal, too long to explain as this is very involved.

Are the phones at location 2 registered to your site?

Are both locations on the same corp network? And if so how much Bandwidth do you have between the locations?

No, there are in separate networks. Asked the network admin but he told me he doesn't know how to help me.

For that to happen, what I need to work no entering in details? A VPN? A bridge to the other network?

The short answer is as joe2938 said, bring in a business partner for help. but if all you want is a Avaya extension in that other office, then you have to a have some sort of network connection between the sites. If the one site has very good internet you might be able to use a Avaya VPN phone.

If you do not have any connection to that other site it can be configured for uniform dial plan to route those calls to the other site using aar codes but is too involved to explain to you so bring in some help. Once configured you could dial a 4 or 5 digit extension that would route calls over the public network.

Ok thanks! I'm reading about Avaya Aura SIP Remote Worker. We have all the equipment and hardware to do it.

The Licenses don't know for sure. Talked to our support he told us that is easier through VPN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back