Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

extension fowarding and AA 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

echang15

Technical User
Jan 17, 2006
US
Hello all,

ACS 6.0, Messaging 7
All extensions are set to delayed rings, AA is set up.

Typically an incoming call is picked up by AA after the 1st ring. However, when I forward an extension to another one, ex. 12 to 15, and a line rings, the 2nd extension (15 in this case) rings once as well, but this is picked up by AA.

Is there any way to stop this?

thanks!

Hi echang15,

I'm not sure if you've considered this already, but you could put all lines on all extensions on 'no ring' except x10 or x11. With 10 or 11 on delayed ring, you could still have someone monitor inbound lines if the AA doesn't answer, etc.

This might help.

Another thing might be to switch to pooled mode, but this is a rather big change for just a small problem. Our setup is like this, and we don't experience the same issue.

It's a weird interaction with call forward.

Even if the forwarding and receiving extensions are set for delayed or no ring, the receiving extension will get immediate rings.

Discovered this by accident. I bring my own 18-D to the phone closet for programming. Move Ext. 10 to another port, so I can plug in and program. Forward 10 to the temporary port, and Voilà!, it starts getting rings.

What to do? Use Call Cover instead. Feature 20. Set the Call Cover Rings to 1, and transfers will ring once at the first extension, then ring to the covering extension, then cover to the original extension's voice mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back