Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extension Forwarding to "PRIME"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milla

IS-IT--Management
Apr 27, 2000
US
Hi,

Recently a tech here tried to use auto-set-relocation and I suspect that more than two phones were moved, or possibly, he unplugged the phones, then set the auto-relocate flag to "Y", then plugged the phones in.

Regardless, the stations that were moved had issues with line assignments, and we had several lines showing on one phone, etc. I have most of it worked out, except one annoying issue:

When I call (only from outside, not from inside, extension dialing) xxx-xxx-9939, the black triangle flashes on the user's phone next to ITCM1. She doesn't hear a ring at first, but then she does hear a ring, and the display reads: 9939 --> PRIME. The prime line doesn't appear to be working as she has to press the button to answer the call.

I have her set up with HFAB=auto, Handsfree=Y, 2 ITCM, there are no answer DN's set, PRIME=I/C and her only 'active' line is L162, which is set to appear and ring.

Any help or suggestions?

Thanks!

Had one like that this week. Was in a hurry so disabled DRT to Prime and it ended the observed event. Didn't fix the problem, just got rid of it temporarily until I can get back to site.

PhM

Do you have the line assigned to appr&ring on her phone? MRoberts
mroberts@americaii.com
If you find a tip helpful, please mark it as such.

MR,

Yes. I though I had mentioned that it is set to A&R on her set, but, yes it is set as you suggest.

I "thought" that perhaps it was just "glitchy" from the set relocation mess that we fixed, so I had set the line to not appear, let the update happen, and then re-set it to A&R on her set. No change.

Any other ideas?

Thanks much!

You didn't mention whether the line that was set to A&R was the one that wasn't coming in correctly.
Are all OTHER DIDs coming into the system ringing assigned phones okay?
Usually when a target line tracks straight to prime, it isn't seeing the rec'd digits correctly. MRoberts
mroberts@americaii.com

First, thanks.

Yes, L162 should be appearing and ringing on the user's set and is set to appear & ring.

It's limited to this one station, the other 60 DID's are fine.

I'm no Norstar Pro (obviously): Would "deleting" or "defaulting" this port and copying another known properly functioning port to it be a sound next-step?

I appreciate your insight.

Yeah, we're almost to that point but I tend to think that the problem is with this particular line not the phone. And since it is a 'virtual' line there isn't a port to copy other programming from...

Have your checked the target line itself and just made sure the rec'd digits are entered correctly and the prime set for the line is the extension it is ringing on? MRoberts
mroberts@americaii.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back