Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extension confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrowingInNortel

Technical User
Mar 25, 2019
CA
Calling the same extension from a phone inside our system vs calling into our administrative line and punching in the extension is leading the calls to two different phones. Any suggestions on where to start looking at why the same is extension is leading to two different places?

Check mailbox in F983 and see if the the Ext is the same as the sets DN

Check the sets DN is coorect via F*0 Intercom.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

If it's Call Pilot it could be a software version issue. 3.1 fixed that problem I believe.

It did include a previous fix for a DTMF issue that was previously a DSP patch....is that the one you are thinking of?
ie. calling 22X would almost always call 222

"extension is leading the calls to two different phones"
Can you explain in detail what occurs?
Do you mean it rings two phones at the same time or does it ring one phone sometimes then other times the other phone?

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Yes, the dsp patch is what fixed the problem. I just upgraded everyone to 3.1. It seemed on the older versions the patch still didn't fix the problem completely.

I have two phones, phone A (original extension 100) and phone B (original extension 200). These folks are swapping offices so I need to swap the extensions. We used to just move the physical phone which worked, but now when I swap the phones, they both retain the original extension. If I swap the DNs, calling 100 internally will ring phone B, but if someone calls our admin line and dials extension 100 it still goes to phone A. Hope that's clear...and thank you for the help

Yes!

Set Relocation needs to be turned ON in the phone system programming under System Features.
Move the phones back as was first, then turn on Set relocation, swap sets but leave about 2 minutes between unplugging and unplugging at the same jack.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

THANK YOU! Yes, that was exactly it. I had accidentally turned that to off a few months back, whoops. Thank you thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back