Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extension call- view from any phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stlinc

Programmer
Feb 12, 2002
US
Just set up an ACS R7 and all is well except I'm a noob and don't know the answers to the following q's:

1. Customer wants to make sure that if you press a line button that has a call in progress on it, you cannot barge-in and join the call. I *think* this can be taken care of via Auto Ext. Privacy (#304), but not sure...

2. Customer wants to be able to see when her personal extension is ringing from any phone, and then be able to answer it. Say a call comes in and she is in the kitchen and hears a phone ringing, but isn't sure it's hers. She wants to look up and see that it's her ext. ringing, and then be able to take the call from the kitchen w/o running back to her office.

Jay

I may not be able to fix it, but I certainly can't break it any further- Jay

1. Yes Auto Priv. will take care of this.

2 I would get a cordless set and plug it into her phone and then she can take it with her.

Russ

Ok, I'll take care of the first one then. Thank you.

As far as #2, she says that they used to be able to do this before the system went down and lost all programming, and that it was activated by a Feature XXX code, so I know there is something that will do this, just don't know what.

Jay

Hi Jay,
Possibly she was forwarding her phone? Bad solution since her ext would not be covered by voicemail. The other thing she could do was call coverage. Much better idea. If she remembers the feature code, that would tell you.

If the phone was forwarded, it would beep once when called and that would be it. Call gone elsewhere. The phone continues to ring with call coverage.

-Chris

Yea, I was thinking call coverage. I talked to her again about it and come to find out, the feature she is talking about was part of their OLD system that the R7 just replaced, and she thought they could have the same feature and code so they wouldn't have to re-learn anything. Apparently they had a Meridian or something.

I'm not sure the R7 can even do what they are wanting. Nothing in the docs jumps out at me. They may just have to live w/o it.

Thanks for all the input.

Jay

Hi Jay,
Call coverage would do it for her, the extension would still be covered by voicemail. The coverage will add a delay before voicemail kicks in but it sounds like that would be okay.
-Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back