Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extension Billing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ripper65

Technical User
Sep 29, 2005
GB
Is the BCM able to send the extension number with the carrier code for the purpose of extension billing from the alternative carrier.
If the Answer is yes I would be grateful for a brief setup explaination.

Dont understand your requirement:
is the carrier code the 1010 number?
are you looking to send the extn info to the alt carrier?

The carrier code is the code to reach the Alternative carrier ie 1601 then the extension number follows then the actual number dialed. Some alternative carriers in the UK can send billing back to the end user with the extensions that made the calls this saves the site from having their own call logger. In the UK Mercury the first Alternative carrier called this Cost Centre Codes it is still used by many sites.

i'm not familiar with that setup on the otherside of the pond.
(someone else might help you out - firebirdscrambler, mrmarshall ...)

the OLI information can be sent out, but dont know how the CO will decode this

Senk1s

Thankyou for your reply.

I understand now that the BCM cannot sent the extension number after the carrier code. There are some special codes that can go in the number field of the route for pause and wait for dial tone but nothing that will send extension number. I will enquire with the carrier if they are able to do extension billing using the OLI info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back