Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extending Time Limit to Dial 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdiross

Technical User
Oct 23, 2006
US
Hello,

I've been tasked to extend the length of time attendants have to dial when the phone is off-hook. Engineers are complaining they sometimes have to refer to a number which is in their rolodex, if they forget it. I know it's picky, but I have to do what they ask.

I'm utilizing Norstar Remote Admin Tools to connect to their MICS.

Is it possible to extend the time threshold, allowed to dial?

Thank you

If you go under "system programing" then scroll to "dialing plan" next to "dial time out" you will probably find it is set to 4 sec.
You can change it here but I think this also effects the time to send digits, so it could take longer to connect.

Wayne T

Hi @silver987, thank you for responding

Hmm, so whatever it is changed to will reflect to the time it takes before ring through initiates going out? That would be a problem for them, I know it. Any way to verify before making changes?

Thank you

This is directly out of the manual. I tried it on mine and really didn't see any difference.

Dial Timeout
Dial Timeout (inter digit timeout) specifies how long the ICS
will wait between user-dialed digits. This value allows the ICS
to determine when the user has stopped dialing. The value is
programmed under System progrming, Dialing Plan.
The user can also use the # key to tell the ICS that they are
finished dialing. However, this is not usually required, except
for international calls where the number of digits dialed for
country codes varies.

Wayne T

A simple fix if your engineers need more time to dial out might be to set their phones to pre-dial using feature*82. That way they can dial part of the number, refer to their rolodex, then complete the dial string and pick a line/pool to complete the call.

Maybe they should use the memory buttons and label them for reference for frequently called numbers.

....JIM....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back