Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

extending extensions using mini links

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wachange

Technical User
Jan 27, 2006
SO
I need help on how I can extend the extensions distance using ericsson mini link without having two pabx on both ends.

You can use CAS extensions and a PCM MUX at the far end. On this way you can use only analogue extensions.

Thanks for the reply,

Could be having a simple schematic of the system please?
Regards

Also Check out the DEX28 Digital Extn Extender.

This allows you to extend Digital Extns using IP.

The only thing is that you need to be running IP over the Minilink but there are modules available for the Minilink to do this.

You may write at google.com PCM 30.

120 ohm electrical interface of minilink is terminated at Krone block in and out in both sides of the PCM link.
You had to connect to this interfaces the E1 PCM mux interfaces in order for both parts (remote side and local side) of the mux to be connected to each-other than you may put inside the local part of it (the part near with the PBX) analog numbers from PBX and at the remote part of the mux you shall have the same analog numbers.

RFPUP;
Thanks for this infor,
The way I understand this is that if I get analogue extensions from the PBX and connect them to the krone on the PCM link, I will receive the same at the remote end and be able to send and receive calls just the same way an extension attached to the PABX will.
Please let me know of any configurations that must be added to the PABX because my objective is to connect analogue line and not E1. If it is possible you can draw a sketch for me and post it to my address, fidelitytechs@yahoo.com.

Regards
Wachange

PCM 30 mux consists of two parts (each of them in each side of your PCM link (in your case Minilink E link)

Site A near PBX, site B at the remote side.

Site A.
Analog lines of the pbx connected to the analog lines of the PCM Mux,
E1 interface of the PCM mux connected to the Ei interface of the Minilink.

Site B,
E1 interface of the Minilink connected to the Ei interface of the PCM mux.
Analog lines of the PCM mux connected to the krone block where you shall have the analog signals of your PBX.

RFUP;

Thanks for the clarification

My link does not have a MUX but instead i have an MMU of 4x2/8 with the first port from the left connected to the krone. The main problem is that I do not have any documentation besides installation manual. The installer for the link did not have the PABX knowledge. Can I go ahead and connect the extentions to this krone going direct to the MMU.

Regards
wachange

Your cards are MMU, SMU and SAU (SMU if hot stand by configuration 1+1)
The PCM mux decribed above is another equipment out of Minilink and PABX.
You can not connect PABX directly to Minilink with your intention in mind. This connection would have been useless.
You could not transfer your analog lines to the remote site without the additional equipment PCM mux.
You can not connect extensions with MMU port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back