Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extending an outside line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech2atross

Programmer
Nov 16, 2005
US
When people need an outside line, they call the console attendant and get a 9 and out line extended to them. Why can't they call a regular single line station or a digital station and get the same results? I have asked the vendor and everyone else I can think of and nobody can tell me how to do it. I think you must have ARS in the class of service and have the restriction set to 0, but it still doesn't work. Do you have to change something in the trunk features or what? Help!!!

I'll try to add some more info. to my post: I have the Fujitsu 9600 PBX with EMML rel. 15. Most of our single line stations are COS 3, which means they can only call other stations inside the company. Executives have their COS set to 1, so they can push 9 and get an outside line. The folks who have COS 3, call our operator at the console and ask for an outside line to be extended to them so that they can make a call. The operator informs them that they have to get permission from the supervisor. They call the supervisor and get permission. The supervisor then calls the operator and informs them that the person can have a outside line to place a call. The operator then calls the requesting person back and extends them a outside line. This process requires 3 phone calls to be handled by our operator just to give 1 person a line out. We are trying to take sme of the work load away from the operators by having folks that want an outside line to call the supervisor for permission and the supervisor would be able to hookflash, dial 9, and hang up, in order to extend the outside line. The supervisor has a single line analog station, but if necessary, I can install a digital phone there. I tried extending the outside line using single line and digital stations to no avail. I tried everything I could think of and it doesn't work. I contacted the vendor and asked them how to do it and they said that they did not know because they have never been asked that question before. As you can see, we really do need to be able to do this and my company is really expecting me to get R done. Today, I received a bill from the vendor for technical advice, but didn't even get an answer. Now, I will have to explain to the boss why I called tech support and why it cost them money for nothing. I really hope that some one reads this and knows the answer because this has been a frustrating experience.

Hello,
Go to the emml terminal and do a DIS DN,,XXXX on a supervisors phone. Look at the following;COS,FRL and RSM. Then do the same for the station that can not access a outside line. Make sure this station has the same COS,FRL,and RSM as the supervisors. This will give them the same dialing access as the supervisor. Let me know if this does/dosen't work.

None of the phones can do it now. The only way that it is done now is with our operator's phone which is a Attendant Console phone.

Take a look at your COS and look at the feature numbers. There is probaly a feature either restricting access or you will need to add a feature allowing access. If you want to email me a report with your COS, I would be glad to look at it for you.

I made a new class of service number and added all features to it and it still won't do it. I'm beginning to think that it can't be done. I also changed the restriction levels from 1 to 0, so it shouldn't have any restrictions now. I tried it on a digital station too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back